Québec City, July 4, 2019 - Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) is excited to announce the opening of a second Relay convenience store by international giant Paradies Lagardère, a banner well known to travellers.
“We are very pleased to be opening a second Relay store at YQB, this time in the public area. This is a first at the Québec City airport, since this type of business was previously only accessible in the secure area,” said Stéphane Poirier, President and CEO of YQB. “Travellers now have access to the Relay experience before passing through security, as do all people who come to YQB to drop off or pick up a passenger and all airport site employees,” he added.
Covering an area of 46 square metres, the Relay store in the public area is located between the check-in area and international arrivals, making it easily accessible to all passengers. The store provides a variety of travel essentials such as newspapers, magazines, books and snacks.
“Paradies Lagardère is very pleased to partner with YQB to bring the next generation Relay shop to further enhance the customer experience. Relay provides customers with a customer-friendly store design and a broad selection of travel essential basics, snacks, beverages, reading materials, and local gifts,” said Gregg Paradies, President and CEO of Paradies Lagardère. “With Relay’s global presence, travellers will recognize and appreciate the quality, convenience, and first-class service of this store.”
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec Inc., the private corporation responsible since November 1, 2000 for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). More than a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2019 – Best Environmental Practices – ACI-NA
- 2019 and 2018 – Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2018 and 2017 – Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2018 – Airport Innovation & Excellence Award – Canadian Tourism Awards
- 2018 – Excellence in Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA Award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Grands Prix du génie-conseil québécois – Mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2017 and 2015 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 – Boomerang Award – Website or application – Service of the Year award for the “YQB, Aéroport de Québec” mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – Website or application – Service of the Year award for the “aeroportdequebec.com” website
- 2016 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 – Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
Advisor, Communications and Media Relations
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
Phone: 418 640‑2700, extension 2624