Québec City, May 31 2018. – Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) is proud to announce that Gaëtan Gagné, its President and CEO, has received the Lieutenant Governor’s Medal for Exceptional Merit (Gold) in recognition of his exceptional accomplishments. This medal is the highest possible award under the Lieutenant Governor’s Awards Program.
“A true man of conviction who is extremely attached to his city, Gaëtan Gagné has dedicated his career and his efforts to the economic development and international status of Québec City. As a well-known and highly regarded economic actor, Mr. Gagné has proven that he is a true leader and visionary many times throughout his career. It is under his direction that YQB underwent the largest expansion in its history. Today, we are also recognizing his role as a driver of socio-economic development in the Québec City area. Congratulations to Mr. Gagné for this well-deserved award,” stated the Honourable J. Michel Doyon, Lieutenant Governor of Quebec.
Gaëtan Gagné has been involved in the development of YQB for more than 20 years. He has been the President and CEO of YQB since 2010; he first served on the Board of Directors from 1997 to 2009 and was appointed Chairman of the Board and Executive Committee from 2001 to 2009. Under his leadership, YQB has experienced remarkable growth, reflecting the effort made in the positioning and strategic development of the organization, improvement of infrastructures and services offered, and the "Passenger First" vision that inspires the entire team.
Mr. Gagné is a member of the American Association of Airport Executives and sits on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Airport Council. He has been named a Fellow of the LIMRA Leadership Institute (LLIF) by the Life Insurance Marketing and Research Association. In 2009, he obtained the title of Chartered Director (C. Dir.) from McMaster University and that of Certified Corporate Director (ASC) from the Collège des administrateurs de société of Laval University.
Closely involved in the business community, in 2000-2001 Mr. Gagné held the role of Chairman of the Board of the Chambre de commerce du Québec, in addition to chairing the board of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. He also held the position of President of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie du Québec métropolitain in 1992-1993. In February 2009, Mr. Gagné was named Honorary Colonel of the 35th Canadian Service Battalion, where he had served as Honorary Lieutenant Colonel since November 2002.
For more information: https://www.lieutenant-gouverneur.qc.ca/distinctions-honorifiques/merite-en.asp.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec Inc., the private corporation responsible since November 1, 2000, for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Grands prix du génie-conseil québécois – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 – Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2017 and 2015 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 - Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “YQB, Aéroport de Québec” mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the “aeroportdequebec.com” website
- 2016 - Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
Advisor, Communications and Media Relations
Québec City Jean-Lesage International Airport
Phone: 418 640-2700, extension 2624